Does your website look like Building #19 or CVS?
Over the years you’ve been adding content and putting it wherever it’s convenient. Now it’s time to re-do the website and things are in crazy places. If your website is more like Building #19 (boy am I dating myself!) than CVS then it’s time to look at reorganizing your content and putting it into logical order. Why? The biggest reason is you want people to stay on your website. If they can’t find what they’re looking for quickly they will leave. And that’s not what you want.
Here are some ideas on how to pull things together:
- Don’t lump all your services together. Organize your content into corresponding categories. Break things down so people don’t have to wade through everything. If you’re a contractor your new build stuff goes in one drop down on your navigation menu, remodeling items in another. Any other services go in another drop down.
- Break your projects down in a similar manner. For remodelers, you can sort items by kitchen, bathrooms, master suites, great rooms, etc so people can find similar projects to what they’re planning.
- Tell a story. People are always interested in what the challenge was, how you met that challenge and what the outcome was. Walk them through the job, making them feel like it could be their project.
- Post corresponding pictures with your story. This can be exactly what someone’s looking for and you’ve made it easy for them to make a decision on who to hire.
- Follow standards. We’re used to seeing Home as the first link and Contact as the last. Don’t make people look for how to contact you.
You’d be surprised at how much more traffic you’ll get when things are streamlined.
If you are considering reorganizing/re-doing your website we’d love to have a conversation with you. Let’s discuss your goals, create some strategies to reach your target market and come up with a plan to get your website updated. Simply call 508-697-4027 or send us an email through our contact form and we’ll be in touch.