Are you getting the results you expected from your web site?
I’m sure you’ve heard the commercials by Verizon and Intuit about how easy it is to put up a website. My question to those of you who have done it yourself: does it bring in leads?
I’ve done a lot of work with contractors and the way I explain it to them is this: replacing my deck looks easy. You take the old boards off and put new boards on. But anyone who has built a deck knows there’s so much more than that. Here’s how I compare the two:
- It needs a good foundation. Is it square? Is it level? Are the new boards pressure treated? Are you using the right nails and/or screws?
- Do you want the same design or something different? If you’re going to make some major changes now’s the time to do it.
- Make it beautiful and functional. Put everything together: boards, nails, railings, seating …. Anything else?
- Have a party!! Bring everybody to show it off.
- Your website’s foundation is content. That’s what’s going to hold your visitor. We look to find the perfect keywords for your business and maybe look at what your competition is doing so we can do it better.
- Then we design it to match the look and feel of your current marketing materials. If you’re going to make some major changes now’s the time to do it. (sound familiar?)
- Make it beautiful and functional. Put everything together: keywords, design, photos, content, navigation … all in exactly the right places to attract the search engines, not to mention making it easy for the visitor to use.
- And finally, we implement strategies so everyone will come! We drive traffic using link building strategies, newsletters and social media.
So we both design and build, just out of different toolboxes. And we each have codes to follow to make sure things are built according to standards. If you’d like to find out how Simple Wizardry can bring you more leads … better qualified leads … please give us a call at 508-697-4027 for a complimentary 30-minute consultation.
Sign on through November 15, 2011 and receive 10% off your web or SEO package. (New projects only.)