Mobile search and social media use increasing
Did you know that more than 50 percent of Google search queries worldwide are done using mobile phones? Desktop is no longer the primary search tool. This, combined with the change in Google search criteria (if your website is not mobile friendly, it won’t come up on a search on a mobile device) you could have a significant drop in traffic and, as a result, a drop in business.
Here are some more interesting tidbits:
• Mobile activity on social media has grown 55%
• Mobile activity has accounted for 31% of all growth in internet activity over the past year
• Facebook, all by itself, accounts for 24% of all mobile online activity and its app is responsible for 18% of it
What does this mean for the service business owner?
Your focus needs to be put on your Internet Marketing.
- If your website isn’t mobile-friendly (aka responsive), then you’re losing out on potential customers given the percentage that are using their phones for search and shopping.
- Posting on social media is critical to the growth of your business.
- Facebook advertising is a growing and thriving industry. If your customer is hanging out on Facebook, you should be considering making this part of your marketing plan. It’s perfect for restaurants, liquor stores … any local storefront.
What is Simple Wizardry doing about it?
We have put together packages to help address this growing demand:
Our Level 1 Basic Monitoring Service keeps your site current and secure. It also gives you a monthly Activity Report so you can see what your customers are looking at. You can use this information to decide what to blog and post about.
The Level 2 Web Marketing Program works to increase qualified customer/client leads from your online efforts. In addition to the Level 1 services, you’ll get a quarterly Action Plan derived from what we see trending in the Activity Reports. We’ll post for you on social media, your blog or send a newsletter so you are kept top of mind.
Level 3 is where we have a strategy session and create a Marketing Plan you’re comfortable with. After everything is agreed upon and set up we move you to a Level 2 Web Marketing Plan to keep you in front of potential and current customers.
If you’re interested in increasing your activity on the web but don’t have the time or skills we’d be happy to talk to you about how we can help your business get more leads. Call us today at 508-697-4027 or fill out our convenient form.