Five Inexpensive Tips to Increase Web Traffic
There’s a wide variety of things that can be done to increase traffic to your website. These inexpensive tips are easy to implement and maintain if you’re a do-it-yourselfer or you can have your SEO or in-house person do them for you.
- Write a blog. If you don’t already have a website you can have a blog for free at WordPress.com (after you buy your domain name, of course). Sign up, pick a theme and you’re off and running. If you already have a website you’ll want to make sure that your blog is hosted with your site. What this does is give your website the credit for the blogs rather than WordPress.com. The blogs create regular updates which keeps the search engines active on your site. This is also a great way to increase your rankings.
- Add resources and links. Make this page so full of great material that it’s the ‘go-to’ page for your clients (and potential clients).
- Have a rotating survey. It’s a great way to keep visitors coming back to see what your question is this month.
- Schedule regular updates/changes to your pages. Same as with the blog. If your site keeps changing, the search engines keep visiting.
- Link to your site. Provide your website URL anywhere you can. It can be on your letterhead, business cards, or any printed marketing materials. It can also be electronic – put it in your email signature, get listed in online directories, write articles and link them back to your site.
If you’re not the do-it-yourself type we’d be happy to talk to you about rolling out some of these tips. Just give us a call at 508-697-4027 or fill out our consultation request form and let’s talk about how to make it happen.