It’s about value
As years pass when you’re in business you take things for granted. It isn’t until something happens that you get to take a step back and take a look at how the business has changed and how it’s evolved. A recent incident taught me to see how I’m different from my competitors. Just like every tool above is the right fit for a certain project, we are the right Internet marketing firm for some and not others. Here are some things to consider when you’re looking for one.
Are these things important to you?
- Do you care if your website design is unique? Some of my competitors use the same layout for every job. Yes – I said EVERY. All that changes is the colors, photos and content. Every single one looks just like the last one. Our sites are all customized beyond colors and photos. We edit the code so no two look alike. I can even use the same theme (design) and have them look totally different.
- When you interview web designers or Internet marketing firms do they ask about your target market? We do. We want to know who you’re selling to so when the content is written we know who we’re talking to. For example, is it a homeowner, someone with technical knowledge, a businessperson, etc? It matters. When we combine website development with a social media campaign the results are powerful. We take that information and decide which one(s) to use and whether an AdWords or Facebook campaign might be suitable.
- Do you want to be found? I’m surprised by the number of people lately who tell me they don’t care if they’re found online or not. But if it’s important to you, then we need to do Keyword Research to find the right terms to sprinkle throughout the content of your website or social media posts to bring the right people to your business. If your product has a new term and people aren’t searching for it yet you’d better have some of the old terms on your page so people can learn about your new and improved product.
- Would you like to shorten your sales cycle? If you’re a trades person and have fabulous photos of your work we can help you show off this work and do it such a way that people will be sold before they even pick up the phone. Let your work speak for itself. Those who love the project you did will be more willing to hire you just based on your photos and story.
- Can your Internet marketing firm introduce you to like-minded people? We do. I’ve introduced several clients and some have begun working together. I’ve invited several to the Builders & Remodelers Association of Greater Boston (BRAGB) that I belong to. I’ve even called some clients asking questions about a new client to pick their brain and get information on how to present the new client’s products. Working with so many clients in the building trades gives me the opportunity to ask questions in order to tie it all together. It helps everybody!
It’s nice to put these differences into perspective. Like so many of my clients, I live and breathe what I do every day without giving it a second thought. I’m glad it was brought to my attention so I can share it.
If any of these five items are important to you we’d like to talk to you and see how we can help with your Internet marketing. Call us at 508-697-4027 or use our convenient form for your consultation.